Safe Weight Loss
Tried, Tested & Successful Weight Loss
Before your first purchase with the KeeDiet® you are asked to read, confirm and agree with our Medical Guidance and Terms & Conditions.
You will enjoy the best KeeDiet slimming experience if you follow with your Doctor or Medical professionals agreement and support.
Initially visit your Doctor for a full health check, then arrange your next appointment and ask your Doctor to provide regular weight loss and blood pressure checks.
If your health changes whilst following a KeeDiet Plan or you are prescribed new medication you must speak with your Doctor to confirm it is safe to continue on your weight loss plan, it is your personal responsibility to ensure you are safe to follow any KeeDiet Weight Loss Plan.
KeeDiet staff are not medically trained professionals. Any information provided by the KeeDiet online, telephone or in our literature is not intended to replace or substitute advice given by your doctor or a licensed health-care professional.
If you are taking prescribed medication or have any medical condition you must consult your GP prior to following a KeeDiet weight loss plan or using KeeDiet products to confirm suitability. Cease using KeeDiet and contact your doctor immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem.
If answering YES to any of the below conditions, then a VLCD weight loss plan (or possibly a low sugar, low carbohydrate meal replacement diet plan) is NOT suitable for you. Please consult your GP or a Medical Professional.
- Epilepsy, seizures, convulsions
- Total lactose intolerance
- A heart condition, heart failure, arrhythmia, valve disease that requires treatment, severe kidney disorder, liver disease
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Major depressive disorder including: schizophrenia, delusional disorder, psychotic episode, bi-polar disorder
- Current active Anorexia, Bulimia - or if you are undertaking treatment for any other eating disorder
- Currently taking anti-obesity medication
- Thrombosis (currently taking medication for this also)
- Currently pregnant
- Given birth (or miscarried) within last 3 months
- Any serious illness, trauma or injury/surgery within last 3 months
- Undergone minor surgery in the last 4 weeks
- Active Cancer
- If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 70
If answering YES to any of the statements below, you may be suitable to use a KeeDiet® weight loss plan or products, however, it is imperative that you first seek professional medical agreement and support, medication may need to be monitored and you should be supervised by your Doctor or Medical Professional.
- Diet controlled Diabetes - Type 2 - Insulin Medication - Biguanides (Metformin or Glucophage) - Other Diabetes medication.
- Taking Diuretics not associated with heart, liver or kidney disease
- Suffering or have a history of Gout
- Suffering or prescribed Hypertension medication
- Have a history of Gallstones, Constipation, Kidney Stones/Disease, Hypoglycemia, and Depression.
- Prescribed and taking Infertility medication
- Prescribed or taking moderate to strong pain relief
- Prescribed or receiving Psoriasis tablets / injection
- Prescribed Cancer medication.
- Phenylketonuria (may need to avoid aspartame products)
- Postural hypotension (drink plenty of regular water and get up slowly from a sitting/lying position).
- Lactose intolerance
- Anyone that has attended hospital for treatment in the last 12 months
Side effects when following a VLCD/Ketogenic Weight Loss Plan may include headaches, fatigue, general tiredness or muscle weakness, dizziness, constipation, diarrhoea, dry skin, hair loss, muscle cramps, bad breath, change in menstrual cycle and cold intolerance.
- We recommend using adequate contraceptive precautions as fertility is often increased during or after significant weight loss. We also recommend that after every 14lb weight loss you experience your birth control device is checked to ensure still suitable.
More serious side effect may include gout and gallstones. However it is well documented that any form of weight loss may increase the likelihood of gallstones and gout
Many side effects can be decreased by ensuring you consume sufficient water and are always well hydrated. Also consider our optional extra's, vegetables, salad, nuts & seeds. See our FAQ Page for information.
Can anyone purchase from The KeeDiet?
The simple answer is Yes... anyone above the age of 18 years can purchase KeeDiet Products to help with weight loss and to make regular slimming or weight management easier. However, not everyone is suited to follow a KeeDiet Weight Loss Plan and if wishing to follow one of our Plans, you should be in general good health and received your Doctors approval.
Being nutritious, delicious and versatile, KeeDiet® products are high quality and easily adapted to fit any weight loss or weight management requirement and can make great healthy snacks, lunch box additions and treats for the whole family.